Saturday, October 10, 2009

I FINISHED THE TREK!!!!!!!

Hello my friends!
I am in an internet cafe in Swakopmund. We finished the Trek yesterday. My feet are nearly bloody stumps. The Trek was sooo much harder than I even imagined. Many, many firsts for me. But given all the people surrounding me, even with blisters on all parts of my feet, the heat, the many undulations (David's word for steep hills), the variety of sufaces and general fatigue I was able to keep going. We saw some game, giraffe's among them, but no elephants. We did see many tracks, including elephants and rhino. Oh, the things I have seen. It takes my breath away. You can Google Earth Doros Crater and see one of the places we were. I will try to go into more description when I have more time. Think the most awesome that you can and maginify it a million times. I am here until Monday when 5 of us move on to the Volunteer Work week and the Patrol week.

I really don't have the words to tell you what is in my heart. Know that I have gained much. I am filled with Light and am surrounded by Love and Support. Today, right now, I am privledged and I am grateful beyond measure.
I will definitly write again around the 24th, if not before.
You each have my love and thanks.
more later...
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment